Morris Lake & Travelling Camps
Water Ski Wakeboard Nova Scotia has been providing travelling summer camps for the past 30 years. In our travelling camps, our boats and certified coaches travel from lake to lake to provide lessons in towed water sports around Nova Scotia.
Morris Lake is our permanent location and the home of our Skiability program for disabled athletes and private lesson venue.
Morris Lake Dates:
July 3rd to 7th, 2023
July 10th to 14th, 2023
July 10th to 14th, 2023
July 17th to 21st, 2023
July 24th to July 28th, 2023
July 31th – August 4, 2023
August 7th – August 11th, 2023
Travelling camp dates:
Springfield Lake July 3rd to 7th, 2023
Third Lake July 10th to 14th, 2023
Lake William July 17th to 21st. 2023
McCabe Lake July 31st to August 4th, 2023
Lake Fletcher August 7th to 11th, 2023
Lake Charles August 14th to 18th, 2023
Lake William August 21st to 25th, 2023
Third Lake August 21st to 25th, 2023
More info about our summer camps:
- Participants must be COMPETENT AND CONFIDENT SWIMMERS.
- Spaces in summer camps are very limited due to facility, equipment and coaching limitations.
- Summer camps are small weekly summer day-camp programs run by Water Ski Wakeboard NS.
- Participants range from beginner to advance: ages 6-18. Maximum 10 participants per camp.
- Our traveling camps generally run from Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm in July and August.
- Our permanent camps generally run from Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm in July and August.
- All equipment is provided, including boat, skis, wakeboards, life jackets, etc.
- Participants should bring their own lunch, snacks, water, bathing suit, 2 towels, sunscreen, hat and warm clothes.
- When participants are not skiing or wakeboarding, they will be able to be in the boat to watch or play games and swim on shore.
- Three certified coaches work at the summer camps at all times. This provides for two coaches in the boat and one on land.
What should your child bring with them to the camp?
- Life Jacket: If your child has a life jacket that fits properly please send it with them (WSWNS has life jackets if your child doesn’t have one)
- Dress appropriately for the weather: Please send your child with changes of clothes just in case of an unexpected circumstance (weather etc)
- Lunch/Snack: Food is not provided so please send your child with enough food for the day (8:30am-4:30pm)
- If your child has any games or entertainment they wish to bring for when they are on land during rest times, that is always welcome
Water skiing is a very taxing sport and requires rest between sets for the muscles to recover. You can expect your child to receive 3 sets per day. Each Set is approximately 10-15 minutes. Your child may be very tired in the evenings or at the end of the week.
WSWNS Cancellations: Camp cancellation is rare and only occurs during extreme weather conditions (thunder and lightning, heavy rain/wind) or unforeseen circumstances. You will be refunded for the portion of the cancelled day as per below or credit towards another day to finish lost sets.
- Light rain/drizzle: We will to the best of our ability, run all camps on rainy days through drizzle and light rain with consideration of the age bracket, visibility, and willingness of the participants to continue.
- Heavy rain: We are to pause activities during driving or heavy rain and wait till it subsides to resume; review current weather forecast/radar and if showing no sign of improving the camp will be cancelled.
- Thunder: We are to pause activities 30 min after the sound of thunder; review current weather forecast/radar and if showing no sign of improving the camp will be cancelled.
Cancellation Refund Structure:
- $50/full day or $25/half day
- Cancellation must be done 30 days prior to the start of camp.
- A doctor’s note is required for a refund when a child doesn’t attend the camp as planned under 30 days.